Buying Medicines Online
All medicines which we supply are sourced from an authorised manufacturer or an authorised wholesaler. We ensure the quality and safety of the medicines, the security and integrity of the supply to eliminate the risk of counterfeit medicines entering the supply chain.
You must be aged 18 years or over to purchase medicines online at www.pharmadirect.ie. By purchasing any medicines and agreeing to the terms and conditions at checkout you are confirming that you are over the age of 18 years.
In accordance with legislation the records listed below will be retained securely for a period of two years from the date of purchase.
1. Every invoice for medicines we obtain, which include:
- The date of the transaction,
- The name and quantity of the product obtained, and
- The name and address of the supplier
2. A record of each transaction involving the supply of a medicine to our customers, including:
- The order number,
- The date of the transaction,
- The name and quantity of the product supplied,
- The name and address of the person to whom the product was supplied
3. A record to show that prior to supplying/dispatching of the product, the customer has confirmed that they agree with and understand the terms and conditions which include:
- They are over 18 years old,
- They are aware that the medicine should be used in accordance with the recommendations for use contained in the product packaging,
- The total quantity of the product to be supplied in the transaction is a quantity that is reasonably required for the purchasers own treatment, having regard to any previous supply to that purchaser.
- Where a maximum quantity to purchase is stated on a medicinal product, this is the maximum amount that we will supply in any one transaction. Repeat medicines purchases will be monitored.
- Any medicines which are liable to abuse and/or misuse will be identified along with any repeat requests for medicines from the same customer within a short time frame. Where we suspect a medicine may be being abused or misused a supply will not be made and a full refund will be given.
In addition to the records to be kept listed above, a pharmacy supplying medicines via the internet record will be kept showing that prior to supply of the product our pharmacist has:
- Personally reviewed each order for supply and personally supervised and authorised the supply
- Fulfilled the requirement of Regulation 10 of the Regulation of Retail Pharmacy Businesses Regulations 2008 (S.I. No. 488 of 2008).
Regulation 10 of the Regulation of Retail Pharmacy Businesses Regulations 2008 requires that in the course of the supply, a registered pharmacist is satisfied that the purchaser is aware of what the appropriate use of the medicine is and that it is being sought for that purpose and, in so far as the registered pharmacist is aware, the product is not intended for abuse and/or misuse.
The information provided on this website is for guidance and information only and should not take the place of a diagnosis by your general practitioner or local pharmacist. For all vitamins, supplements and other healthcare products sold on www.pharmadirect.ie it is important that you read the accompanying information and directions before use. If you are in doubt about how to take or use any of these products, please get in touch with us using the contact us page and one of our trained staff will be in touch with you.