Who can use?
This medicine can be used adults and adolescents over 16 years old. Elderly patients should consult their doctore before using Alka-Seltzer as they are more prone to side effects.
How to use?
You must dissolve Alk-Seltzer tablets in water before taking them. It is preferable that Alka-Seltzer is taken after meals.
Adults and children over 16 years: Take one or two tablets, dissolved in water, every 4 hours if necessary.
Do take more than 8 tablets in any 24 hour period.
Do not use for longer than 3-5 days without consulting your doctor.
Do not take Alka-Seltzer if:
- If you have or ever have had a stomach ulcer or other digestive system disorder.
- If you have worsening asthma, rash or rhinitis associated with aspirin.
- If you are allergic to Ibuprofen or to aspirin or to any NSAIDS.
- If you suffer from heart, liver or kidney disease.
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
This medication is not suitable during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
Common side effects.
Alka-Seltzer may cause some some stomach discomfort. Do not take on an empty stomach.
Alka-Seltzer tablets contain aspirin and may affect the ability of blood to clot. It is possible that taking Alka-Seltzer may cause easy bruising or bleeding.
If you have any difficulty breathing or develop a rash or swollen facial features or runny nose after taking Alka_seltzer, stop taking this medication and consult your doctor immediately.
Alka-Seltzer must not be used in the following cases:
• hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid or other salicylates, or to any other components of the product,
• a history of asthma induced by the administration of salicylates or substances with a similar action, notably non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs,
• acute gastrointestinal ulcers,
• hemorrhagic diathesis,
• severe renal failure,
• severe hepatic failure,
• severe cardiac failure,
• combination with methotrexate at doses of 15 mg/week or more (see interactions with other medicinal products and other forms of interaction),
KEEP ALL MEDICINES OUT OF THE EACH OF CHILDREN.
READ THE PATIENT LEAFLET BEFORE TAKING THIS MEDICATION.