Pack of 10 - Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test - Coronavirus Alert Essential
For in vitro qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid antigen in nasal swab specimens by their healthcare provider in the first five days after onset of symptoms.
Severe acute respitory syndrome coronavirus 2 is an enveloped non-segmented positive-sense RNA virus. It is the cause of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) which is contagious in humans.
JOYSBIO Biotechnologys SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test Kit uses an immunocapture method, it is designed to detect the presence or absence of SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid proteins in respiratory samples from patients with signs and symptoms of infection who are suspected of COVID-19.
Please note that this test is only provided for use by clinical laboratories or to healthcare workers for point of care testing and not for at home testing.
Directions For Nasal Swab Specimen Collection
- Insert the swab into one nostril of the patient. The swab tip should be inserted up to 2.5 cm from the edge of the nostril. Roll the swab 5 times along the mucosa inside the nostril to ensure that both mucus and cells are collected.
- Using the same swab, repeat this process for the other nostril to ensure that an adequate sample is collected from both nasal cavities.
- Withdraw the swab from the nasal cavity. The sample is now ready for processing using the kit.
Directions For Test Procedure
- Twist the top off the buffer bottle, slowly dispense all of the buffer into the extraction Tube.
- After collection of nasal swab specimen, insert the swab into the tube and plunge the swam up and down in the fluid for a minimum of 20 seconds, then hold the swab against the bottom of the tube and roll 5 turns, taking care not to splash contents out of the tube.
- Remove the swab while squeezing the sides of the tube to extract the liquid from the swab.
- Press the nozzle cap firmly onto the extraction tube containing the processed sample. Mix thoroughly by swirling or flicking the bottom of the tube. Place the extraction tubes in a rack in the designated area of the workplace.
- Tear off the foil pouch, take out the test strip/cassette and place the test kit on a clean and level surface. Label the test device and one extraction tube for each specimen or control to be tested.
- Gently squeeze the ridged body of the tube, dispensing three drops of the processed specimen into the sample well.
- Read the test results between 15 and 20 minutes. Do not read after 20 minutes.
How to read your results
- Positive: Two lines appear. A colored line should be in the controlled line region (c), a colored line appears in the test line region (t) Please note positive results do not rule out a bacterial infection or co-infection with other viruses. The agent detected may not be the definite cause of disease.
- Negative: Only one colored control line appears. Negative results are presumptive. Negative results do not preclude infection and should not be used as the sole basis for treatment and patient management decisions, particularly in the case of clinical signs and symptoms consistent with the virus.
- Invalid: Control line fails to appear. Insufficient buffer volume or incorrect procedural techniques are the most likely reasons for control line failure. Review the procedure and repeat the procedure with a new cassette. If the problem persists, discontinue using the test kit immediately and contact your local distributer.
The result should be judged 15-20 minutes after the sample is added into the sample well. Please note that all test results are for guidance purposes ONLY & any official diagnosis should be undertaken through your local GP or HSE Approved Test Centre.